Following the announcement of tighter restrictions on social distancing due to the rise in Coronavirus infections, we now start to ask the question: are Christmas parties going ahead?
The annual celebrations are worth over £20 billion to the UK economy with restaurants and venues across the county town relying on the busy Christmas period to boost cash reserves going into the quiet January and February months.
The restrictions that may be imposed on businesses reliant on social contact is going to be very damaging during what should be a boom time.
If you are unable to meet up in person, you can still have your own celebrations with Christmas games but using “work from home” virtual technology . . .
Kissing underneath the mistletoe may be an issue though!
Ideas for “Socially Distanced” Christmas Parties:
- Virtual Drinks – use work video conferencing to enjoy a festive drink and a chat with colleagues
- Fancy Dress Conference Calls – yes this will be a thing this year
- Secret Santa – deliver a secret present via post to a random workmate
- Microwave Christmas Dinner – enjoy a burning hot conference call meal together
- Zoom Karaoke – As if it is not annoying enough, at least you can put mute on
Will you be having a ‘works Christmas do’ in 2020???